Christopher Wardlaw Fletcher
Email: cwfletch [at] mit [dot] edu, chris [dot] w [dot] fletcher [at] gmail [dot] com
Hi there! My name is Chris Fletcher (a.k.a. 'Fletch', 'C Fletch', 'C F'). I grew up in Southern California and moved to Berkeley in 2006 to pursue a Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science. I am currently a graduate student working on a Ph.D. (also in Computer Science ...) at MIT.
In my spare time, I enjoy game design and writing. Lately, when I get home from work, I've been catching up on good films and good TV series'. See the bottom of the page for some of my favorites.
If you would like to get into contact with me, start with email - I check it most frequently.
MoviesHere are some movies that I can watch over and over again and never get bored:
- Aliens (1986). Favorite quote: You know, Burke, I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them fucking each other over for a goddamn percentage. - Ripley.
- Gladiator (2000). Favorite quote: Strength and honor. -Maximus.
- Princess Mononoke (1997). Favorite quote: Cut off a wolf's head and it still has the power to bite. -Lady Eboshi.
- The Departed (2006). Favorite quote: She fell funny. -Frank Costello.
- Heat (1995). Favorite quote: I'm angry. I'm very angry, Ralph. You know, you can ball my wife if she wants you to. You can lounge around here on her sofa, in her ex-husband's dead-tech, post-modernistic bullshit house if you want to. But you do not get to watch my fucking television set! -Vincent.
- Predator (1987). Favorite fact: Sonny Landham (the actor who played Billy) had a body guard with him on set at all times to protect the other actors from Sonny. :-)
- Duplicity (2009). Favorite quote: I believe, Ms. Stenwick, in corporate evolution. I believe that the corporation that is first, that is the most, has an opportunity to manufacture with the highest frequency and in the most desirable markets, and that its shareholders, by extension, have the greatest chance of survival and reinvestment. -Howard.
- Homeland. The scene in the last episode of the first season ... my blood only starts pumping like that when we get research paper reviews back and I am just about to look at them for the first time.
- This is like trying to perform swan lake with a dead elephant strapped to your back. This quote was from an old Nintendo power (describing the game "Bebe's Kids"). I use different versions of this quote a lot in every day life to explain ridiculous situations.
- Line up and kiss the pig. According to his peers, my dad says this a lot at work. I don't know what it means and I refuse to ask so as to not spoil the intrigue.